The quality of leadership, more than any other single factor, determines the success or failure of an organization. —Fred Fiedler & Martin Chemers
Have you ever heard that leading when no one is following is just taking a walk?
The world has changed. We live in exceptional times. People no longer follow you because you are their boss. Although they may comply in the short term, they won’t bring their best selves to build the kind of organization you want unless they really want to follow you.
You, as their leader. And you, as a person.
My clients are very smart, and they work hard. They are key leaders in an organization or have their own business. They know that, for the most part, employees get up in the morning intending to do a great job. And they want to know how to lead them better.
They want to:
- Build more effective teams
- Make better decisions
- Manage change
- Align their organization’s mission, vision and values and communicate them
- Enhance trust and communicate more effectively throughout the organization
- Build team synergy, creativity, and commitment to a new direction
Personally, they want to:
- Balance their life with their career
- Handle difficult relationships
- Learn to coach more effectively
- Improve communications with their team and their boss
It’s all about the leadership. Don’t underestimate the power of a leader to change their business, their life, and the world.
What do your people need? What are you communicating? How do you know? Let’s work on building those competencies that will make you a better leader.